This week we discuss the inevitable death of Twitter, the rise of Pro iOS app pricing and the return of old formats. We follow up on feedback regarding privacy as discussed on Episode 84. We hear Tim’s opinion on the 9.7 inch iPad Pro and discuss the differences with it’s larger sibling. We discuss Joe Cieplinski’s post on iPhone SE upgrade woes. Booking.com breaks iOS 9.3. Picks: Linux on Windows, Safari Preview Edition, nscurl, Hermes knockoffs, Google Cardboard for iOS and Charles Proxy.
Correction: TLS 1.2 is the current version. Thanks to @NolanObrien
Episode 85 Show Notes:
- The Case for Pricing Parity for Desktop and Mobile Apps
- Shapr 3D – as mentioned on Release Notes Podcast
- Episode 84
- 12.9″ iPad Pro remains Apple’s fastest tablet, as 9.7″ model’s A9X chip is underclocked
- 9.7 inch iPad Pro and the missing USB 3 speed
- New iPad “Pro” 9.7 only has 2GB ram
- Jason Snell on TTS
- The History and Science Behind the Color Blue
- iPhone SE: The Long-Term Outlook
- Booking dot com? Booking dot yeah!
- Qualys-SSL Labs
- The Cat API
Episode 85 Picks: