This week we follow up on Apple’s record quarterly results. We also follow up on MacBook Pro Touch Bar models being banned in exams, 32-bit iOS apps and replacing Air Play. We discuss Apple possibly adding Arm chips to Intel based Macs. Gitlab’s data loss is explored. Picks: Linea, Google Chrome iOS browser opensourced and Google Translate.
Episode 129 Show Notes:
- Apple returns to growth mode, mostly, as iPhone sales top 78M units
- Touch Bar MacBook Pros are being banned from bar exams over predictive text
- iOS 10.3 Beta Says 32-Bit Legacy Apps Will Not Work With Future Versions of iOS
- Should you look for an alternative to Apple’s AirPlay?
- Apple Said to Work on Mac Chip That Would Lessen Intel Role
- GitLab suffers major backup failure after data deletion incident
- The Crown – trailer
- Victoria – trailer
- An Adventure in Space and Time
- John Wetton
- Be sure to drink your Ovaltine
Episode 129 Picks: